Andrew is an expert in commercial real estate litigation, condemnation and eminent domain, and tax certiorari issues.
Clients rely on HK to address their complex tax certiorari and condemnation legal issues because of the firm’s depth of expertise in this complex area of the law. Partner Andrew G. Cangemi learned the nuances of real estate litigation from the ground up.
Andrew began his career in the Nassau County Attorney’s office where he developed his skills in property valuation for both certiorari and eminent domain matters.
Over the past three decades, he has successfully navigated almost every conceivable issue concerning property valuation. Andrew’s background also is highlighted by extensive trial experience with the most complicated issues involving commercial, business, and residential properties. He additionally has extended his practice area at HK to the related fields of zoning and land use.
Andrew is admitted to both the New York State and federal courts.
Education & Honors
- Adelphi University Graduate
- University of Baltimore School of Law Juris Doctor
- Village of Northport Board of Zoning Appeals Chairman
- Nassau and Suffolk County Bar Associations Frequent Lecturer
- Nassau County Tax Certiorari and Condemnation Committee Past Chairman
- Nassau County Judicial Advisory Council Former Member
- Advancement of Commerce and Industry Past President
- Boy Scouts of America - Nassau County Chapter Past President