Contact Jennifer to discuss matters including tax certiorari and condemnation.
Jennifer Hower joined HK in 2013 and concentrates her practice in the area of tax certiorari and condemnation. She brings with her a diverse background and fourteen years of experience in the prosecution of real estate tax appeals. She has participated in valuation trials of various types of commercial and residential properties, as well as condemnation proceedings against New York State.
Prior to concentrating in tax certiorari, Jennifer served as an Assistant Staff Judge Advocate with the United States Air Force both on active duty and as a reserve officer. There she prosecuted criminal matters on behalf of the United States and handled military justice and environmental issues.
Jennifer is admitted to practice before the courts in New York, New Hampshire, and Colorado, as well as the U.S. District Court (EDNY) and the United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces.
In August 2014 and December 2017, Jennifer was featured in the Long Island Business News: Who’s Who in Professional Women and in 2016 was featured in Who’s Who in Real Property, Certiorari Law Firms and Health Care Law. She was also recognized as one of Long Island’s Top 50 Women by Long Island Business News in October 2019.
Education & Honors
- Franklin Pierce Law Center Contributor, Annual Survey of New Hampshire Law Juris Doctor: 1988
- State University of New York at Buffalo Bachelor’s Degree, Political Science: 1991
- Nassau County Bar Association Member, Committee on Tax Certiorari and Condemnation: 2006-Present; Publications Committee: 2007-2009
- Suffolk County Bar Association, New York State Bar Association, New Hampshire Bar Association Member
- Institute for Professionals in Taxation Member, Annual Property Tax Symposium Committee: 2019; IPT Property Tax Symposium Presenter, November 2018 and June 2019
- Long Island Builders Institute Member
- American Legion Robert H. Spittel Post 1285, Bayville, NY Post Adjutant