Contact Bob if you are an investor in or owner of a hotel, shopping center, office building, or apartment complex to discuss your commercial real estate taxes.
Robert S. Katz has devoted his legal practice exclusively to property tax matters both locally and nationwide since 1978 and is dedicated to providing the expert level of professional services to his clients that has become the benchmark of HK.
Bob co-founded the firm with Jay Herman in 2005, after nearly two decades of running his own property tax law firm. He leads the firm’s New York City office, as well as its multi-state property tax consulting practice, through which he oversees portfolios on behalf of real estate investment trusts (REITs), private equity firms and institutional investors.
Bob, an accomplished trial and appellate attorney, has successfully represented investors in and owners of hotels, regional and specialty shopping centers and department stores, office buildings, and apartment complexes.
Bob also frequently guest lectures at accounting, legal and trade group seminars across the United States.
Education & Honors
- New York University Undergraduate Degree: 1969
- University of Pennsylvania Law School Juris Doctor: 1972
- NYC Real Estate Tax Review Bar Association Officer, Board of Directors, Immediate Past President
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York Member: Tax Certiorari and Condemnation Committees
- New York State Bar Association Member: Tax Certiorari and Condemnation Committees